Sunday, February 11, 2007

Yo Quiero Taco Bell

Whenever people are drinking, most go for the old standbys for drinking food: pizza, chips, pretzels, burgers, etc. But one thing that is frequently overlooked is our old buddy: the taco.

I have to say, I never really gave it much thought until last night. I had knocked back a few with some friends, but then I was hungry as I left the bar. So my one friend and I decide that we're going to get some food. But what's open at 1:45am?

Always go south of the border for the answer to that.

The Taco Bell drive thru was delightful. You can just drive through (I was not unsafe. I drank responsibly) and get all kinds of Mexican delights. Taco Bell's great because they have a simple motto: Why not deep fry it?

I'm tellin' ya, when you've been drinking, nothing hits the spot like a deep fried spicy chicken burrito. Fortunately I live by myself, so no one would have to endure the gastrointestinal distress except me. On the other hand, that little stop probably set my diet back by a few weeks. And I've probably got e-coli from the onions. But dammit, it was worth it!

ADDED BONUS: The drive thru guy screwed up our order and gave us two free soft tacos! Not that that's a real deal. Soft tacos are about the same price as Ramen Noodles. Both items actually cost negative dollars to make.

Still, I left happy. In the words of several famous Taco Bell advertising people: I'M FULL!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@Galtor did you?