Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thus Sayeth the Douchebag

I finally got some hate mail.

The following was posted in February as a comment to the blog post titled "Giving Thanks," which I wrote in Late November. I just now noticed it.

"If you feel that negative about the State and people of West Virginia, you should do both a favor and move on. No doubt your negative attitude is impacting your sub-standard performance and overall duties to your students. Your juvenile comments indicate you're probably only a graduate student anyway - no loss." -- Anonymous

I've never gotten real solid criticism about my writing, much less criticism about my very status as a human being. I actually feel some small measure of accomplishment in being able to provoke such a reaction from a reader (and apparently a citizen of the Mountain State).

Of course what Huckleberry fails to realize is that I've already decided to move on (as in out of the state), but that's not for another year. In the meantime, there's so much to laugh at and so little time. Besides, it's nothing against West Virginia specifically. I'd make fun of anywhere I lived. I can't help it if this state just makes it so damn easy.

I almost love this man for his scorn for grad students. What the poor bastard doesn't realize is that being a grad student brings with it a kind of self-hatred that he can't even fathom.

Hats off to you, Slappy! You've made a worthless grad student proud!!


The Anonymous Posting Feature: Allowing dullards and douchebags to argue without worrying about actually defending their positions since Donahue went off the air.

1 comment:

contemplator said...

I get random hatemail sometimes. It's always funny--funny that the anon person would think that you would be the least bit stung by a cowardly hit and run post.

I just got one to "get over" myself. How about--NO. I don't understand--if you don't like what you read, guess what? Use one of your fingers to click away. I know which finger I'm using to describe the situation right now...