Saturday, February 02, 2008

Where Have All the Updates Gone?

"I say, shopkeep! I demand blogging updates from The Undesirable Element.... Oh, and I'll take a pair of knickers, please."

It's been over a week since my last update, and I don't really have anything to blog about. My students have been frightfully boring. It's been too cold to go down to the rail trail. I haven't even seen any laughably bad movies. I do have two really weird classes that I'm taking, but they're so batshit crazy that it seems almost pointless to blog about them.

Well, you already know about the Sodomy/Pedophilia/Prostitution/Rape class. The latest session was actually boring somehow up until the final 20 minutes. At the end of class, the professor talked about how a hair fetish is a symbol of a fear of castration. I've read my fair share of Freud, and I don't really remember that little tidbit. Somehow, cutting off someone's hair is equated with cutting off a guy's junk. He said this, and then ran his hand slowly through his own hair. Does that qualify as touching one's self inappropriately?

All I know is that I hesitate to go to my barber now. On the plus side, one of the readings for next week is called: "Man of Pleasure's Kalender for the Year 1793 containing The Histories and Curious Anecdotes of the Most Celebrated Ladies now on the Town or in Keeping and also Many of their Keepers." It's essentially a bunch of stories about prostitutes and their pimps.

The other class is bizarre too. It's a class about drama and performance art. Last week we discussed the performance of a woman who invites people up on stage to examine her nude body with a speculum. Next week, we're going to be talking about a woman who has plastic surgery done on her in order to make some sort of artistic statement about Western standards of beauty. Check this one out.

I'm glad my parents don't pay for my tuition anymore. I have no way of explaining any of this as legitimate.

(I had no intention of this being a legitimate blog post. I was just going to stall for time by explaining that I didn't have anything to write about, but then I just disproved my own point. Just goes to show that two classes about sex and nudity can keep my attention for awhile.)

------------------------
Sodomy Books and Artistic Cavity Searches: You can learn it, but you can't un-learn it.

1 comment:

contemplator said...

Sounds like a Stellarc paper waiting to be written, to me....