Tuesday, July 31, 2007

He is Risen, and he's FABULOUS!

This is one of my favorite possessions. Last Christmas I asked my parents for a Magic 8-Ball. On Christmas morning, I open one of the boxes to discover this hot-pink Jesus statue. Understandably, my reaction was simply, "What the fuck is this?" Apparently, the Spencer's was out of Magic 8-Balls (for reasons I can't begin to fathom), so the guy working at Spencer's (who incidentally had a master's degree in English according to my mom - Merry Christmas to my self esteem right there) recommended this "Answer-Me Jesus," which has a Magic 8-Ball thing on the bottom of it that gives out religious advice.

This thing is great. It's both stylish and blasphemous. You shake Jesus and ask a question like, "Should I eat the deviled eggs?" and he will respond with any number of clever answers such as:
"I died for this?"
"I still love you"
"Repent!"
"Hypocrite!"
"Believe"
"I forgive you"
"Wait for a sign"
"SINNER!"
"Let me ask my dad"
"Hallelujah!"
"No chance in hell"
"Resist the devil"
and my personal favorite: "The holy water will sting."

If you want to check out more about "Answer Me Jesus" or some other sacrilegious wares that they're selling, CLICK HERE. It's good for a few holy chuckles. I kinda want to put this in my cubicle, but I wonder if that might be misconstrued as religious intolerance toward my students. Maybe I should buy the "Answer Me Buddha" just for good measure.

---------
Answer Me Jesus - Confounding homophobic Christians with hot-pink panache since 2006.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody has commented on your recent blog postings, therefore I will do so. I'd just like to remind you that your blog is still the suck.

Yours truly,
The Shit

Unknown said...

Dear the shit,

Please do not take my phrases. You are still the suck.

-----------

Dear JP,

Awesome.

- Dave

JP said...

The Shit is no longer impressive. He's merely cold diarrhea in the port-a-john of society.

contemplator said...

Tape a sign on your statue that says "Rhetoric" and you're golden to leave it in your cube.

We still need to get on those Ken doll turned Stellarc models...



Dear the shit: y'ain't. 'kay?