Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Business as Jewsual

Wading through the job descriptions over at Monster.com can be a really tedious process. All of them pontificate about the virtues of the company while making me feel completely unqualified. One description, however, had an entirely different flavor:

"Blattner Brunner is looking for writers with the kind of work that elicits envy, fear or a mixture of both from fellow creatives. Ideas will not be stolen. They will be met with large amounts of glee, audible hoots of approbation and comments such as, "You gotta see this!" as we schlep them around the department. Chances are, this will be followed by a mercifully un-businesslike phone call."

With the use of the word "schlep," I can't help but picture a raucous group of drunken rabbis giggling about their latest drawing of a yarmulke-adorned Jewish pirate shouting "Ahoy vey!" as they spin dreidels and laugh about their gentile employees.

The company is actually a legitimate advertising agency, but their little blurb amused me... and served as an inspiration for endless Jewish stereotypes! I was also really proud of my title. That alone was reason enough to post even though I just posted less than six hours ago.

------------------------
Blattner Brunner: Kvetching about Hershel forgetting the Kegerator since Jehovah only knows when.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you gotta send a resume and sample of your writing to that post, if nothing else, just to see what happens.

contemplator said...

As if people weren't thinking you were racist already...


:D

Anonymous said...

Joooooooooooooooooos
joojoojoojoojoojoojoojoo

slabble/2

contemplator said...

the fuck?

Unknown said...

Dude, you've made it big time.

You're starting to get spamblogged.

Congrats.

Fuck Texas.

JP said...

I know! Isn't it great? I could probably block this stuff with one of those "type the letters as you see them" things, but I sort of enjoy them. Anyone dumb enough to click on her link deserves the super-spam that will be forthcoming.

Anonymous said...

I decided to do a little research on our little spam company:

Cyber Junky, Inc. 1042 N. El Camino Real B358 Encinitas, Ca. 92024

It sounds like a reputable place in immigration land. I mean with a corporate name like Cyber Junky they have to be trustworthy people. They also bring promises of, "How would an extra $68,000 in 6 weeks change your life?" Needless to say I already sent my downpayment on my software package that will guarantee me fortunes by working at home only 2 hours a day........ Anyone that wouldn't apply for such a job would be a complete moron.