Tuesday, July 07, 2009

All the News That's Fit to Print

Well, my adoring fans, I've hit the big time! After laboring in obscurity for 25 long years, the news media has finally recognized me: I'm on the front page of The Leader Times, Kittanning's most prestigious (re: only) newspaper. Not only did I make page one, but it happened in a week when Michael Jackson's death and funeral steamrolled every other major story in the world. I beat the King of Pop!! Eat your own lyrics, Michael, and BEAT IT!

Of course, I graciously share my fame with the Firemen's Band drum major and my fellow tromboner, but I clearly dominate the left portion of that photo. I'm just not sure how I'll cope with my throngs of adoring female fans who want me to sign their breasts. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and make the best of it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go bask in my fame for awhile longer. I've now joined the ranks of other distinguished and acclaimed persons from the Leader Times' front page including the homely woman who makes wind chimes from old cran-grape juice containers and Filet o' Fish wrappers and the elderly man who grew the largest pumpkin in the tri-county area.

--------------------------------
The Leader Times: Possessing excellent taste in photography since July 6, 2009.

4 comments:

contemplator said...

It looks like a marching session of some kind of secret police.

contemplator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP said...

I guess that was prescient on my part given the pro-dictatorship stance in my most recent post. :)

Unknown said...

My mother cut this out and gave it to me it is now proudly having on my fridge i'm such a proud friend.